Benefits to children and schools
- Raising self-esteem, promoting emotional health, improving attendance and confidence, developing skills that can be applied in all areas helping them to access the curriculum and achieve potential.
- Children are more receptive to going back in to school
- Reduction in the amount of ”telling off”
- Less children being excluded from playtimes
- More children joining in at playtime
- Children developing social, physical, cognitive, cultural, and emotional skills
- Improved behaviour and attendance
- Decreased numbers of incidents and accidents;
Playworkers in schools:
Working in partnership with schools to provide Playworkers to plan
and deliver positive play opportunities in schools over lunchtime.
Our Playworkers work alongside the Middays giving support by playing traditional playground games that helps to make Lunchtimes fun and keep the children active and ready to learn.
Play clubs for targeted children:
Play sessions for children who present as vulnerable and marginalised, due to challenges in relation to their behaviour, play and social interaction skills.
Positive play clubs
Afterschool club as part of the extended day, giving children the opportunity to build positive friendships in a relaxed environment, enjoying new crafts and activities.
We have worked within a number of schools in the Mansfield area over the last four years. Our “chill out club” at Oaktree Primary is our longest running and has provided valuable play opportunities to many children.
Other support has included playground development, children’s participation and consultation. If you require any further information on any of our services please do not hesitate to contact us.
Courses available through Positive Play in Schools Project:
Midday Play Training: Supporting people involved in supervising
Playtimes to create a fun environment for everyone, provide positive play opportunities for children and empowering adults and children to
resolve playtime problems.
3x2hour sessions £450
Buddy Training: Encouraging children to participate in planning and running play opportunities, The children will learn about conflict
resolution, working as a team, being fair and inclusive and being good role models. Buddies help to create a positive play environment on the playground.
3x2hour sessions £450
Traditional Play Workshops: Providing opportunities to explore, discover and experience traditional games.
Workshops for Parent & Carers: Sessions can be tailored to your needs and help promote Parent and Carer engagement within your school.